Monday, July 15, 2013

Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint Review

Monday sneaks up on me every time--and it's raining. :/ I love the rain, but I love it whenever I am home and in my pajamas. With a book. In my bed. 

Anyhoo...

A few weeks ago, I received some goodies from Paula's Choice from a contest I won on Phyrra's site. Phyrra is one of my favorite beauty mavens; her style is edgy yet approachable. Her tutorials are helpful for those of us who are a little nervous about using colorful products.

I received one PC Barely There Sheer Matte Tint with SPF 30 in the light/medium shade (I was able to choose the shade), one RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator, and one RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.



I received some samples and booklets, too! The hydrator is the taller bottle on the left at the top, and the serum is the tube in the middle. The tint is on the right.

I have been using the sheer tint on days that I would prefer quick, low-maintenance makeup. 

Let's check out the product, shall we?






Left: without anything but moisturizer. Right: After applying PC Barely There Sheer Matte Tint in Light/Medium

This tint helps to minimize the redness and uneven texture of my skin, but it lives up to its name: it is sheer. It's perfect for days outdoors, like at the beach or camping, whenever you don't want heavy foundation.

I like to apply some loose powder over it to set it (I tend to take this step with any liquid face makeup). 

As far as having a matte finish, I find that it does dry matte but leaves my skin somewhat luminous. Is it just me? Maybe it was my bathroom's lighting. I'm not complaining at all; it's just something I noticed. 

There are four shades to choose from: Light (Level 1), Light/Medium (Level 2), Medium (Level 3), and Dark (Level 4). I find the range limited, so this could be a problem if your skin tone is not included.  


Should You Try It: Paula's Choice is supposed to be an excellent line for sensitive skin, and the price isn't bad, either. This is my first time using anything from PC, and I'm impressed. So, if sensitive skin or rosacea plague you, try this bad gal out.

What: Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint


Pros: Affordable, nice coverage for a casual or outdoor event, every-day wear, high SPF, sensitive skin-approved

Cons: Seems to be available only online, limited shade range, truly sheer coverage (not like a BB cream or foundation for those of you who are wondering)

Have you ever used anything from Paula's Choice before? What about sheer tints for your face? Let me know!

Pretty Panda's Ponderings
  • OK, Nintendo, you have me hooked on Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I really want to complete the mermaid home decor collection.
  • Brett and I ate lunch at Subway today, and then we walked down to Rite-Aid. NYC Color has a BOGO Free event, so I played a little game with Brett: he had to choose any two products (except nail polish because I have waaay too many bottles at home). What did my wonderful boyfriend choose for me?



Blue cream eye shadow and red lip balm. He said the colors were pretty and called out to him. He must love the '80s more than I do.

I'll make it work out--someday! :P

(That's his hand, not mine. I bite my nails too much to have such long ones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment