Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mary Kay Facial Cleansing Cloths Review

OK, who doesn't adore this heat and humidity that summer brings? I mean, I can't think of a better way to enjoy my day than by sweating and watching my hair turn into a Chia Pet plant.




(In case you didn't know, I was being sarcastic.)

My makeup can't help but melt a little, even though I slap on the primers and finishing spray. Hey, they all make a formidable team; you don't want to see the hot mess I am without the extra help. 

I also like to go swimming after I get home from work, but I don't like to swim with my makeup still on.

I usually use pre-moistened wipes (my current ones are Yes To Cucumbers Towelettes), but I wanted to see how facial cleansing cloths compare.

I ordered some Mary Kay Facial Cleansing Cloths from my MK consultant to give 'em a try.



Fresh face at the beginning of my day.


Here's the package of cloths.


Here's a cloth (dry).


Here's the cloth after I used it.


My face after washing it with the MK cloth.


So, understand that you need water to use this cloth. I ran it under the faucet in my bathroom sink and gently rubbed it between my hands to work up a lather.

I then washed my face with it as I would with a towel and soap/cleanser.

Finally, I dried my face.

Notice that this cloth looks so bare after I used it. Most of the makeup and grime washed off of it and down the drain as I washed my face. 

My face felt fresh, clean, and soft after I used the cloth; I didn't have any "tightness" that can accompany cleansers.

How well did the cloth remove my makeup? I wanted to find out, so I used some MK toner and went over my skin.



Nothing appeared on my toner pad, which surprised me. Even after I deep-clean my face with special cleansers, I still have residue to remove!

Yes, I was pleased with these results. This is a handy beauty tool to have if you're traveling, staying with a friend or relative, or visiting the gym. Nothing is as comforting as a fresh, clean face. :)

My only complaint is that these cloths are expensive. I would like to give my MK consultant business, but at $15 a package for 30 cloths, I may check out Wal-Mart, Target, or drugstores for other cleansing cloths.

Should You Try It: If you know an MK rep and don't mind the price, go for it. If you have tried other cleansing cloths and didn't have the same results, go for it. This is an excellent, impressive product, so I recommend it. I imagine even people with sensitive skin could use this since it has no distinguishable fragrance.


MSRP: $15 for a pack of 30

Pros: Great cleansing power, no residue, leaves skin soft and fresh, appears to be fragrance-free or virtually so

Cons: A bit pricey

Have you tried these before? What did you think of them? What about other brands? Let me know!

Pretty Panda's Ponderings:
  • I love Promise Phan. Her transformations and beauty tips are breath-taking.
  • I ate 15 Totino's Pizza Rolls for lunch, and I am a happy lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment