Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wen Cleansing Conditioner by Chaz Dean Review

I would like to credit and thank my friend Mindy for recommending this hair care product to me. :)

I have been using the Wen cleansing conditioners (my mom bought a special seasonal set from QVC for Christmas and gave my sisters and me each one) whenever I am not trying to use up my drugstore shampoo and conditioner. I began using Wen last year around April for the very first time, and I fell in love.

I am currently alternating between and loving Wen's Summer Mango Coconut Cleansing Conditioner and Fall Pumpkin Spice Cleansing Conditioner (seasonal scents). Every female in my household has been going ga-ga over this product's healthy and undeniable results. 

My mom first ordered Wen from QVC last year in the Spring Gardenia Green Tea scent. I loved that scent; fragrant blossoms make me feel at home. The only reason we don't have an auto-delivery system set up for Wen is because of its high cost.

 


My hair is naturally curly.  No, not the cute-wavy curly.  More like the tight, ringlet-y curls that seem to reach out for frizz like a kid reaching for an ice cream cone.  Humid Southern weather does nothing to remedy this mess, but every so often I feel as though my hair is acceptable and model-esque.  Chaz Dean, I love you because you have given me the Master Sword needed to conquer the gruesome bad hair days I have too frequently (I'm a big Legend of Zelda nerd, so pardon my allusion).

Wen's cleansing conditioner doesn't lather, which surprised me at first.  The product lacks sodium laureth sulfate and detergents, which can strip your hair of its natural oils and cause damage (gulp).  I wondered whether my hair and scalp would be clean, but I just followed the directions and massaged my scalp.  I clipped my hair up and finished bathing, and I then unclipped my hair and rinsed out the product with cool water, running my fingers through my hair like a comb at the same time.  Manageability?  YES!

I then towel-dried my hair (major no-no, I know, but I didn't have anything else to use) and put a tiny amount of Wen in my palm.  I spread the product throughout my hair; the bottle's instructions suggested that I could use it even as a leave-in conditioner.  I dressed myself, brushed my teeth, and then applied my make-up to let my hair have time to dry.

I then took notice of my hair.  I stared into the mirror in disbelief: my frizz was virtually nonexistent, and my hair was softer and shinier.  I applied a tiny bit of mousse to keep the dream a reality, and I then went about my day as usual.

*I still apply hair spray on humid days.*

My mom and middle sister have straight hair that sometimes comes with oily scalps, but we all have had the same fantastic results.  I would like to try the fig version in the future, though; it's supposed to be perfect for curly hair.  What could be better, though, escapes my imagination.

Research the site, check out QVC specials, or seek out Chaz Dean yourself if you must.  Wen's Cleansing Conditioner is the best haircare product I have used yet.

I have heard some co-workers and friends complain that Wen did nothing for their hair; some even said that it made their hair worse. I'm a firm believer in not-knocking-until-I-try; I also am aware that not everyone has the same hair issues.

Should You Try It: Yes. Yes. Yes. I recommend checking out specials on the site or on QVC to save some money. If you don't like it, I'll take it. ;)

What: Wen Cleansing Conditioner by Chaz Dean

MSRP: Varies but is usually $29.00

Pros: Manageable, soft, virtually frizz-free hair; delightful scents

Cons: Does not lather--takes some time to get used to

Have you used Wen before? Have you tried products other than the cleansing conditioner? Let me know!

Pretty Panda's Ponderings:
  • Warm Bodies came out yesterday on DVD! Nicholas Hoult is a cutie pie as a zombie--and as himself.
  • My godson and his parents are moving to North Carolina this weekend. :( This will be a huge adjustment since we have lived two minutes away from one another for three years, but I am happy that Mike received such a great promotion in the Coast Guard! Ashley, we must Skype often. :)
  • Lean Cuisines make lunch bearable. I grew so tired of sandwiches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment