Friday, August 2, 2013

Save Your Lips in the Summer!

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it normal to be this excited for a day of the week? I just love returning home after work, changing into something more comfortable than I what I wear to the office, and doing whatever tickles my fancy. 

I've been enduring some brutal heat here in southern LA, and along with the on-again/off-again rain, the outdoors often feels like a rain forest. Humidity, thou art a heartless wench!

One of my beauty woes is dry, constantly chapped lips. I always always always apply lip balm at night to allow my lips to heal and soften while I snooze, and I put some on before I apply my lipstick and/or lip gloss during the day.

I have a few favorites, but one that I am currently using and liking because of its texture, color, and SPF content is Neutrogena's Revitalizing Lip Balm with SPF 20.

I found it at Wal-Mart in May, and I have been wearing it almost every day (usually underneath another lip product). I own the shade Soft Caramel, a sheer, slightly pigmented neutral.





Who "nose" me best? Hahahahahaha--sorry...


If you wear lip balm (you really should so your lips are protected from the sun's rays), then you would like this one. There isn't a noticeable fragrance (really none at all to me), and I haven't experienced any side effects or irritation from this balm.

I like the slight shimmer it gives my lips, like a natural "lip glow." I sometimes wear just Soft Caramel and nothing else on top of it.

Neutrogena's site gives it a price of $8.99, but you can buy it at Wal-Mart for cheaper (the site lists it at $6.97).

My lips are doing well and feel safe whenever I am out and about, so this lip balm is worth a shot!

What lip balms do you like? Let me know!

Pretty Panda's Ponderings

  • Muffin, the little kitten we're fostering until my sister's friend comes to pick her up next week, loves to eat a slice of turkey for breakfast and dinner. Anytime, really. She's probably only two or three weeks old, so harder food is difficult for her to chew.
  • I recently discovered Lipgloss Leslie on YouTube while I was looking for tutorials on Wet N Wild's Three's a Party eye shadow trio. I think she's pretty adorable! I love her tutorial with those shades, too.
  • Brett is working this weekend. :( I hope we can grab supper or something when he gets off.



No comments:

Post a Comment